In the summer, there’s nothing better than a salad for dinner! I love trying new salads – there are SO many out there and variety IS the spice of life! Recently I had a lovely lunch at the California Pizza Kitchen where I enjoyed their Chop Salad.
I decided that I had to make my own version….it was too good not to have at home!
I basically took the same ingredients they used, lettuce (this is one of those times where iceberg lettuce is best) , tomatoes, turkey, salami, mozzarella, basil, and scallions. Chopped them up and made a mustard parmesan vinaigrette. Super easy – but you gotta chop! It’s a good time to work on knife skills!
The vinaigrette is what made it…here’s what I did:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 -3 teaspoons dijon mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4-6 Tablespoons Olive oil (depends on how tangy you like your dressing)
- A handful of freshly grated parmesan (about 4T)
- The amounts may seem vague, but it’s all to taste!
- Mix together garlic, vinegar, mustard, salt & pepper.
- Whisk oil in mixture drizzling a little bit at a time.
- Add Parmesan and whisk.
- Pour over salad.
I know this may seem like an oversimplified recipe, but I promise you – it is a taste explosion when mixed with the salad. You won’t regret trying this one…